logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] wrong mdr25 and mdr27 data in global index?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jul 30 12:17:00 BST 2018

Hi Ticker,

I think you can ignore the errors reg. no name. How did you create the gmapsupp? With mkgmap or with a Garmin program?

Mkgmap writes the Mdr27 index only for the PC index, not for the gmapsupp index.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 30. Juli 2018 12:40
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] wrong mdr25 and mdr27 data in global index?

Hi

Just been having a quick look at this area. My "Find Address" has only
has input for "Region", "City", "Number" & "Street Name". The "Region"
options are the Countries in my map, with "United Kingdom" pre
-selected. It seems to work OK - changing the region to another country
gives cities in that country.

Doing MdrCheck I see a few strange things.
 At start:
# reading 74210001
ERROR: map 1: city 1: no name; index 1
ERROR: map 1: city 2: no name; index 2

 In mdr5 section, all have reg=0, despite having different counties:
1 map1; ABBOTS WORTHY mapCity=3 reg=0 (HAMPSHIRE) country=0 (UNITED
KINGDOM^]GBR) ind20=0 rep=false
20 map1; ASHEY mapCity=24 reg=0 (ISLE OF WIGHT) country=0 (UNITED
KINGDOM^]GBR) ind20=0 rep=false

 mdr25 check - doesn't give any errors and looks reasonable

 mdr27 check - gives
section is empty

This is based on a GMAPSUPP containing a single tile in the map and
taking the MDR from this GMAPSUPP

Ticker