logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] methods to write signed / unsigned integers

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Apr 17 22:31:56 BST 2018

Hi Gerd, Ticker

> sorry for that. I waited for a comment from Steve and forgot about it.
> I'd still prefer that Steve gives an OK because he wrote most of the code that the patch changes.

I read through the patch and done some very simple tests and it looks
OK to me.  Hope someone has tested some really big maps.

I think we should remove the commented out code and I noticed
a few unneeded casts remaining (some maybe not actually as a result
of the patch), and some javadoc errors.

I've attached an incremental patch of the things I did, which
you can take or leave as you wish.

Lets get it committed.

Its a big patch, thanks for going through all the cases and
completing it.

Steve