logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM bug at 50°N

From Bernhard Hiller bhil at gmx.de on Tue Apr 10 10:28:14 BST 2018

Hi Gerd,

an example of a tile with the bug is 43100115, but many more tiles show
the bug, like 43100096 along Lech river near Landsberg.

In contrast, 43100105 looks OK south of 48°N (south part of Freiburg
town, Schauinsland mountain), but wrong in the northern suburbs of
Freiburg.
That is, a tile can have both correct and defective DEM values.
48N is also the border between L32 and M32 zip files with DEM data.

My current impression is that everything north of 48° is wrong, take
also a look at the relief at the Oder river near the German-Polish
border. Places in southern Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg look OK.

Do we have some software for visualising where to find which tile?
QLandkarte GT shows tile borders, but no information re its number.

Kind regards,
Bernhard