logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Feature Request: mkgmap able to create gmap archive (BaseCamp)

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Sun Dec 4 10:38:27 GMT 2016

thomas,

thanks for the explanation.

Source files (map itself and typ files) handed over to gmapi-builder.py
have just been created one step before by mkgmap.

I've just made the same process with another Perimeter, Switzerland, and
the same thing happens.

But as stated originally: I'm not sure how bad this error is as:

  * the image directory with these tbd file is useable in BaseCamp
  * the created gmap directory is usable in BaseCamp
  * the created gmapsupp.img out of the same source files is usable too

Either a misinterpretation of gmapi-builder.py or something which is
handled wrongly in mkgmap, but as it appears without doing too much damage.
But that's just a rough guess from what I see from the outside..... I'm
the wrong person to track that down to the root cause.

But I'm always willing and able to test and provide results.

Cheers
Patrik