logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin map smaller than JOSM .osm save

From Jakob Mühldorfer mail at jmuehldorfer.de on Wed Sep 21 11:12:45 BST 2016

Just an FYI, there is a faster and more reliable way than this painfully
slow downloading along track

  * Grab a large area from something like geofabrik
  * In JOSM get the "poly" plugin
  * Create an empty data layer, draw a closed line around your track
  *  From the normal save menu, save it as ".poly" file
  * Split the large .osm.pbf with osmosis like this: "osmosis --read-pbf
    dach-latest.osm.pbf --bp file=track.poly --write-pbf track.osm.pbf"