logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with routing on Etrek 20 with latest firmware

From ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com on Sat Aug 20 20:54:46 BST 2016

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 03:38:30PM -0400, Mark Bradley wrote:

> You may be able to locate firmware for your unit at
> www.gawisp.com/perry/agree.html.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Unfortunately that is just an archive
of the dumbed down Webupdaters (which assumes particular operating systems)
rather than copies of the real GUPDATE.GCD firmware images.

I assume that the said images files are embedded in the updater files.

Why Garmin haven't left the URI's on their website as before for those
who know how to use them [it isn't hard] defeats me.

It used to be possible to talk to competent people at Garmin support who
actually understood technology. These days I only seem to meet
boneheaded incomprehension :-)

ael