logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option to output polygons in size order

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Jul 24 20:40:47 BST 2016

That is not really a good approach. Basecamp orders the polygons opposite
to most gps devices. So it will still be broken.

There is however a proper way to do - but that would be much much more
complicated: Create a list of polygons that may not overlap (in the
style-file). Then if mkgmap finds that 2 of these polygons do overlap -
mkgmap should cut out the smaller polygon shape from the bigger. Basically
the result of that approach would mimic how a Mapnik map looks in this
case. Still the real solution however would be to fix the underlying OSM
data. I have no clue how code and time intensive the "mimic Mapnik"
approach would be, but everything else won't really solve much.

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich