logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option to output polygons in size order

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jul 23 18:05:53 BST 2016

Hi Ticker,

are you sure that the order matters? I've never heard that theory

and I would be surprised when that is true.

The normal way to handle the draw order is to use a typ file, not sure

if this works on your device, but it seems to work well for others.

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Samstag, 23. Juli 2016 18:45:59
An: mkgmap development
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Option to output polygons in size order

Hi

I'm using splitter-r437/mkgmap-r3676 to make a map for Etrex Legend
from british-isles-latest.osm.pbf from geofabric.de.

Using "default" style and not using a TYP file, no land features
(woods,marsh,green) show because an island polygon for "British Isles"
is rendered near the end, on top of everything else. I guess that the
Etrex has all area types as the same draworder and renders them in file
order.

I presume I could use TYP / _DrawOrder to change this behaviour
slightly but I keep finding examples of woods in islands in lakes in
marsh in islands etc etc, so _DrawOrder can't solve the problem.

What would make everything show correctly would be to output polygons
in size order, largest to smallest. Could this be done easily? either
in splitter then --preserve-element-order, or in mkgmap, possibly after
style processing because there will be a lot fewer polygons at this
point.

Regards
Ticker Berkin