logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 12 07:53:21 BST 2016

Hi Andrzej,

I tried for a while now but found no route with a "towards" in the direction hints
in Mapsource. Maybe bad luck, maybe it simply doesn't work in Mapsource.
I also tried your small examples in Basecamp without success, routing did not work.
I have no idea where to continue :-(

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. April 2016 19:28
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

Hi Gerd,

you won't find road signs on map in Mapsource, they are included in
route directions. You should look for directions like "turn ... towards
xxx", where xxx is text form road sign.

cGPSmapper offers 3 types of signs, described as "towards", "onto",
"exit". Maybe exactly these words would appear in directions, but I have
used only "towards" type in my maps.

It's easier to spot signs in nuvi, they are displayed in brackets on top
bar.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej