logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap creates bad mapset, when input files aren't sorted

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Mar 13 22:06:25 GMT 2016

Hi

[ Sorry I released this from the moderation queue at almost exactly
the same time as you resent it from your other address]

> This command creates bad mapset:
>> mkgmap --code-page=1252 --route --index --bounds=bounds
> 29624849.osm.pbf 29624847.osm.pbf 29624850.osm.pbf

You are right, the files have to be sorted by the internal map id.  I
have some complex code that is meant to sort the mdr1 section and all
the related sections but it sometimes or always doesn't actually
work ;)

(http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2015q1/023050.html)

It would be better to sort the file arguments after the maps are
created but before they are combined into the index.  So I shall have
a go at getting it to work finally.

..Steve