logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] postcodes

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Nov 14 00:17:39 GMT 2015

Hi Mike,

I fear I don't yet understand the problem.
You have a road without a housenumber element
next to it and you want to find it with  the address search
using the zip code ?

Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. November 2015 21:37
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] postcodes

Hi Gerd, thanks for the reply. I have tried with the default style and it
does work, but as far as I can see, only for buildings with house numbers.
The buildings and places I am trying to find have names but not numbers. Is
there a way to get it to work without needing house numbers, which are
rarely present in OSM? I'm happy to just locate the street without a
specific building if I have a node with addr:street and addr:postcode.

Cheers,
Mike