logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Hiding long tunnels from map view while keeping them routable

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Oct 20 09:44:07 BST 2015

Hi Marko,

I don't know any way to hide an object in the map without a typ file,
besides that I would not want to hide it completely.

Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2015 09:47
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Hiding long tunnels from map view while keeping them      routable

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 12:03:52AM -0700, GerdP wrote:
>Esp. the tags which express a planned (or not yet planned) status are
>problematic, they may be non-existent bridges or tunnels.

Speaking of tunnels, would it be technically possible to hide tunnels
from the map view, while keeping them in the routing graph? This could
be useful in urban areas. A few years ago, I added rules to hide
unrouteable tunnels, such as highway=service,access=private, or railway
tunnels (subways).

A separate discussion is whether it is practically feasible to hide such
tunnels from the map display in the default style. In my opinion, it
would be. As long as the tunnel exists in the routing graph, it can be
used for routing (typically, for cars only). Pedestrians and bicyclists
or anyone who is at the street level would not be confused by seeing the
map cluttered with the "bogus" road.

Best regards,

        Marko