logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] don't route through highway=construction

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Tue Oct 13 15:22:00 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,

According to the OSM wiki, highway=construction means that the road is
closed. construction=minor with the other highway tags unchanged means that
the road is still open.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:construction

> For minor road-works (where the road in question remains open), use
construction=minor (and don't use highway=construction, but leave it at its
default value).

So I still think that disabling routing or making access=destination would
be the best option. Do you have any further thoughts? It's ok if you
disagree, I can always change it my style. :)

Thanks, Ben