logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style: highway=path means unpaved?

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Sep 8 11:34:06 BST 2015

Hi Felix,

I am sure regarding the signs. Unfortunately one cannot be sure
that such a sign was the reason for the tags unless the info is available.

On the other hand, if the idea was to prevent racing bikes using
these ways, it might be better to keep the rules as they are.
A lot of these ways are surface=paving_stones and they go up and down
a few cm at each service way and often are very close to entrances,
so even as a normal cyclist I don't like to use them.
It seems that in my area someone in the government thinks the same way,
many of the signs were replaced by a combination of
traffic_sign=DE:239;DE:1022-10

I stumbled over this because Basecamp avoids unpaved roads for cycling by
default
and I wondered why the cycle ways were not used.

Gerd

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote