logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v3] sharp angles

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sat Sep 5 12:18:37 BST 2015

Well - I guess this will never be without errors - with Patch v3 there
is again a little loop - now again at the first place:

(only happens with "Shorter Distance" and one of the
driving/motorcycle/Dirtbike and so on profiles..).

Also on some other places still detours - in general "Shorter Distance"
seems to be much more problematic than "faster time". So for sharp turns
- ironically - shorter distance chooses the detour to avoid the sharp turn.

I'm not really sure patch v3 is better than v2 however. Results are
50/50 better/worse. However the arrival times got a bit slower (even if
following exactly the same route). I always tried with --x-cycle-map
switch - never without. I'm still not so sure what this option really
changes for outcome in the end.
So - additional intersection roads would still be king IMHO... (but yes
I know - not possible).