logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] sharp angles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Sep 3 16:18:04 BST 2015

Hi Felix,

it's quite funny. The --adjust-turn-headings option is NOT AT ALL able to handle
multiple routable arcs for the same OSM way. For each arc at the node it changes
the headings for some of the arcs, so it probably creates all kinds of angles.

I still have to find out why the new algo in the patch doesn't help at this place.
Maybe I did not yet find all parameters that influence the result.

Gerd

Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 16:47:20 +0200
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] sharp angles

okay good luck. Mind it's one of a few places where it degraded. In general I think the patch v2 is an improvement...
If you need I can search for some more places where patch v2 made things worse (however for many I think it depends on the autorouting settings). In any case it's clear - Garmin does not like such supersharp angles (and they usually don't appear for streets - only for pathes/tracks that are in "the nature").