logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bicycle=use_sidepath

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Aug 18 17:03:31 BST 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, UliBaer wrote:

> Hello Thorsten,
>
> no, i don't have "lock on road" enabled. I always thought, this option is
> only "cosmetically" changing the position of the marker onto the nearest
> road.

No, it is not "cosmetically", if you are on one road, it prevents the device from jumping
to another road, at least as long as the difference isn't too big.
So in your case, if the device have you on the road, it shouldn't jump anymore to the cycleway.

> Does this change the way the unit routes? Even if so and the position
> is nearer to the bicycle way than to the street, wouldn't it also choose the
> bicycle way in that case or always the road?

"lock on road" follows the road. So, initially, you could be wrong. But at the moment, where
you are on the correct road, and you follow the route, you will stay on the right way.

> I often use the unit for
> Geocaching and having this feature on is "at least" counter productive for
> that activity, so i keep this off.

I know that problem very well ;)

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)