logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What is the idea behind --adjust-turn-headings?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Aug 10 10:57:29 BST 2015

Hi Felix,

 > Another possibility would be to decrease the road speed at the
 > turn/intersection by 1 or 2 levels - then have the turn/intersection.
 > At road-speed 0 or 1 it is already much better - and the overall time
 > for the way will decrease! (if you have 10meters in and out of the
 > turn with lower road-speed).

I'm afraid this could greatly increase time for calculating a route. I
have done tests with some commercial data and cGPSmapper. I'm not sure
if results are directly compatible with mkgmap, but in my opinion, for
routing speed most important is the number of roads (class 4 roads in
case of long distance routes). Single road with multiple nodes
(junctions) is better than the same nodes arranged as multiple roads.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej