logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] question about ignored no_u_turn restriction

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Sun Jul 5 14:53:50 BST 2015

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for your reply. This type of restriction is probably a country
specific thing. In Ontario Canada, you can make u-turns at intersections
(regardless of the road is separation) if there is no sign indicating that
you can't make the u-turn. Here's the information directly from the Ontario
Ministry of Transportation:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/section2.6.11.shtml

I realize that the link I sent previously is in the US but I suspect that
it's the same policy there which is why the restriction is tagged like it
is.

Since the tagging seems to be valid, does the Garmin format support this
type of restriction? If not then it's probably a good idea to indicate this
in the warning message. Maybe the message should also be changed to an info
message if there's no problem with the data. Does anybody have other
insights?

Thanks, Ben