logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] change inc/address to be a standalone ?

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Apr 16 07:44:18 BST 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 16, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> I think we should change that.
> My proposal:
> Instead of inc/address  we have a file address (on the same level
> like points, lines, etc)
> this file is evaluated before the rules in points/lines/polygons
> when it exists. Probably the class RuleFileReader should make sure that
> the files points/lines/polygons do not include another
> inc/address.

Currently I include inc/address in the "middle" of a rules file,
so that I can "fix" highway names and so on.
Like:
name!=* & place_name=* { name '${place_name}' }
name!=* & loc_name=* { name '${loc_name}' }

or:
tiger:name_base=* & tiger:name_type=Rd & name!=*
        {name '${tiger:name_base} Road'}

If address becomes a standalone file executed before, I have
to put all rules from lines, points and polygons (yes, I use
inc/address in polygons, too, for mkgmap:city and mkgmap:country
specific rules) before inc/address into address. This does not
make it easier to maintain the style.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)