logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Incorrect runabout exit indication

From SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk on Tue Sep 30 14:26:52 BST 2014

On 29/09/2014 23:31, Peter Hendricks wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Johan has this problem on ALL roundabouts in OSM maps.

Well "all" is quite a lot.  He must have driven around lots of
roundabouts to test that :-)

Seriously, an example would still help - specifically to see if the
roundabouts concerned have a node shared between one road's exit flare
and another's entrance.  It would also allow other who use mkgmap
themselves to chip in and say "_my_ map does/does not have the problem
at that roundabout", to get a few more data values than 2, to try and
figure out what might be the difference that is causing the problem.

I've just tried simulating a route through a bunch of nearby roundabouts
(on an eTrex Vista HCx and a Nuvi 265W) and I'm not seeing the problem
as described - in each case the on-screen pictures (including the small
one on the Nuvi) matches the verbal direction.

I'm using "mkgmap-r1919" (quite old) and the options
"--add-pois-to-areas --remove-short-arcs --levels="0=24, 1=22, 2=21,
3=19, 4=18, 5=16" --route --gmapsupp".

Cheers,

Andy