logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new branch rhumbline

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Aug 3 10:55:08 BST 2014

Hi all,

I've started a new branch rhumline to implement
the changes reg. distance and bearing calculations.

With r3322 I've committed a first working version.

The differences to trunk are rather small when normal
OSM data is processed and Rogers Grid data seems
to be working fine.

I did not yet check all places where we calculate
distances or bearings. I think there are a few
places where we have to use the
great circle distance, e.g. when searching for the
nearest node or in housenumber processing.

I'll check these cases later.