logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Java tuning hint

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jul 24 15:01:59 BST 2014

Hi Felix,

in splitter we don't use intern(), so this parameter should have no effect.
Also, I only saw an effect on my netbook, maybe under special circumstances,
because I was not able to reproduce it later. So sorry for the noise.

Gerd

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 21:52:12 +0200
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Java tuning hint

Hi everyone,
Actually - just to bring this up again - did not have any time at the time this was written..

Did you by chance also test if this parameter speeds up mkgmap splitter?

Felix

On 9 May 2014 09:11, Bernd Weigelt <weigelt.bernd at web.de> wrote:

Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2014, 09:04:22 schrieb Gerd Petermann:

> I just found out that the JRE on my PC uses 60013 as default:

> C:\Users\Gerd>java -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+PrintFlagsFinal

> -version | findstr StringTable bool

> PrintStringTableStatistics                = false           {product} uintx

> StringTableSize                           = 60013           {product}

the same value here

bernd at apoll:~> java -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+PrintFlagsFinal -

version | grep StringTable

     bool PrintStringTableStatistics                = false

{product}

    uintx StringTableSize                           = 60013

{product}

java version "1.7.0_51"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.4) (suse-24.13.5-x86_64)

Bernd

--

amarok2 now playing:

artist: http://www.swr3.de

title: Marchin on / One Republic; Timbaland

album: SWR3

mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk