logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to remove an index from an existing map

From Bernhard Hiller bhil at gmx.de on Fri Jul 4 18:41:58 BST 2014

Thanks a lot for your hints.

 > --index is only about address search. POI search is independent of
address search.
Thanks for that hint. I did not know that.

 > it looks like it generates the "index" on the fly from the tile data.
With the slow speed of the items appearing in the list, that likely
holds true for the Oregon series also.

 > use 0x00000 codes that are not searchable
Well, I could do so when creating my own map. But the situation is the
other way round: I want the data of my map to be shown, but the data of
other maps to be ignored (and these otgher maps use the "normal" codes).

Consequently, with the current firmware of the Oregon, it is not
possible to de-activate the POI search of certain maps which are
available on the device.
A disappointing result, but at least I learned some things...