logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fw: Re: Curvy routing support: new function?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jul 3 19:32:44 BST 2014

You are missing a big big point here!

The higher you put the speed, the bigger the time penalties for sharp turns.
So the only thing reasonable to do is ramp up the road_class, and keep
or back down the road-speed..

But best give it some tries yourself by creating a sample map where you
increase speed for some curvy roads based on name filters. You will
likely notice that the result is rather the opposite. Especially if
there are crossings...

Felix