logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access_country for default style

From paco.tyson at free.fr paco.tyson at free.fr on Sat May 3 17:09:03 BST 2014

Selon Stéphane MARTIN <st3ph.martin at laposte.net>:

> Hi Paco,

Hi Stéphane,

> It seems that there is no consensus for the French OSM community:

http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Acces-de-certaines-voies-en-France-td5804000.html

I read this thread, I think there's too much misunderstanding and offtopic
issues to get something meaningful out of it.

> Furthermore, I'm realizing that "designated" can be associated with an
> other "designated" or with an other tag important for routing.

I think you nailed it, much of the misunderstanding and our disagreement comes
from this tag.
I understand the key designated as : this way has been made specifically for
this vehicle, it should be used in priority before the surrounding ones.
What do you think designated is used for ?

Following this definition, a way tagged with (highway=bridleway &
horse=designated) has redundancy because a bridleway is, by definition, made
specifically for horses.

> Therefore, permissive rules would be better here and some restrictions
> can be added, e.g. in "lines", depending the wanted routing.
>
> # France (FRA)
>
> highway=trunk & mkgmap:country=FRA     { add bicycle=no; add foot=no }
Agree

> highway=cycleway & mkgmap:country=FRA  { add foot=yes }
Disagree. In French law, a cycleway is not allowed to pedestrians unless signed
otherwise.
highway=cycleway & mkgmap:country=FRA  { add foot=no }
(if this rule is not already applied by default in mkgmap, I don't know the
default ones, are they posted somewhere ?)

> highway=bridleway & mkgmap:country=FRA { add bicycle=yes; add foot=yes }
Agree

Of course, these rules are to be applied at the beginning of the mkgmap
processing so a superseding attribute (for example foot=yes for a cycleway) can
be applied correctly.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions#France