logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search: city sometimes missing

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Dec 27 08:47:13 GMT 2013

Hi,

I wasn't able to find specific addresses on my Garmin 62s, even
if I did know that I entered them in OSM.

During testing of my adjusted style for the new mkgmap version,
I found out that the addresses are not missing, but that the addresses
don't have a city assigned. That's why I cannot find them on my 62s,
where I have to enter a city always, but with mapsource.
The question is now, why?
This happens with the default style of mkgmap, too, independent of the
mkgmap version.

For example, look here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/49.44674/11.03418

There are two buildings from Siemens, Von-der-Tann-Strasse 30 and 31
in 90439 Nuernberg. As you could see in the attached screenshot,
only the housenumber 31 has a city assigned, the number 30 has not.

I added some "echotags" to the style file: mkgmap:city is set correct
to Nuernberg in all cases.

Any idea what's going wrong?

  Thorsten