logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] replace mkgmap:bike with mkgmap:bicycle for merge-roads branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Oct 16 11:40:34 BST 2013

It's really unlogical why mkgmap expects the access restriction
mkgmap:bike instead of mkgmap:bicycle...
(a it has always been bicycle=no, b) the osm tag is bicycle not bike, c)
all other tags are using the standard garmin names....

Overall I must say I'm still not too happy with the results of the
branch right now. It's now much slower (about 15%), the access rules are
difficult to handle in style (I can see that they are needed, but that
only no is accpeted is not really useful ), bugs in reading added values
and checking for them is really painful.
E.g. if I add oneway=-1 to something, then I need to check for highway=*
& oneway=-1 in order to get it. I'm not sure if this bug also exists in
trunk - as I just rather recently 3-4 weeks ago deleted all (if mkgmap
was working correctly) highway=* usages out of my style - because I
thought I could speed up mkgmap by doing it.
I don't really understand how the different name fields work right now,
well and for what they can be applied (points only, or also polygons and
lines...).

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org