logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to have a script/batch check for mkgmap version?

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jun 7 07:24:52 BST 2013

Hi Felix,

yes, I added some checks in mkgmap to avoid the writing of (almost) empty
files
when mkgmap is started without file args.
If you want to produce an output file, you can use the test function,
e.g.
java -jar mkgmap.jar test-map:test-points

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> Well I managed some sort of test - but it would be nicer to get the
> version output to file for checking:
>
> Dunno why >> doesn't put the version into the version_text.txt but
> instead puts the time of running mkgmap into the .txt file.

the reason is that --version prints to stderr instead of stdout.
I also don't know why.
On Windows, you can use this command to fill a fill with the version number.
java -jar mkgmap.jar --version 2> version.txt

If you want to append it to the file, use
java -jar mkgmap.jar --version 2>> version.txt