logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new assertion?

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Wed May 29 00:13:05 BST 2013

GerdP <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi Greg,
>

> Greg Troxel wrote
>> I have been running mkgmap with only occasional issues for a long time.
>> I just updated to the latest svn, and got an assertion.  This was with
>> java 1.6 on a mac, so I updated to 1.7.    Then, I still get an exception:
>
> if you compile from source, please use
> ant clean dist
> after an
> svn update

I really thought I already did that.  But I just did it again, the build
is running.  Thanks for suggesting it.

(If I weren't switching JDK versions, I'd say that 'ant clean' being
necessary was a sign of a missing dependency.  But I am going from 1.6
to 1.7, so I get it that I have to start from zero.)

Plus, this was all more confusing than it should have been the way java
is on macs; I had to set PATH to get the 1.7 JDK to run.