logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is there a character limit concering the search index ?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Apr 30 22:18:13 BST 2013

Hi

> Right ... "Kunstobjekt" is added by my style and is part of the name:
>
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5759224/Bildschirmfoto_2013-04-30_um_22.10.26.png>

OK, by my count the last character you could search on - the 'k' in
objekt - is the 62nd character in the name.  If there is a limit in
basecamp then a natural size would be 64, then perhaps there are a
couple of bytes reserved for some other info, leading to a limit of 62
in the name.

Anyway, there is no limit imposed by mkgmap, it will add the full name.

..Steve