logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange squares on Garmin GPS device

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 29 09:48:27 GMT 2013

Hi Thomas,

yes, I think mkgmap corrects this value itself.
I tried to reproduce the problem with your data, but I don't see the squares
on my device.
This is what I did:
1) adapt the paths in 6000.cfg and comment the transparent option
2) create directory c:\mystyles\thomas and copy your style files into
3) copy version, info, and options from the default style directory
4) execute mkgmap r2540
5) copy the gmapsupp.img to my Oregon 450t
6) Start the device, disable other installed maps
7) Zoom into the map and search for the sqares: no success

Maybe you use different files or your device doesn't use the gmapsupp that
you want?

Gerd

Thomas Kaschel wrote