logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Wed Mar 20 10:47:16 GMT 2013

GerdP wrote
> Hi,
>
> I can reproduce the problem now, but in opposite to your experiences
> I see them anywhere near Schwabmünchen.

Very strange, I did not yet manage to find other locations for the bug.

> I tried different maps covering this area, I always see the same result:
> I can create a route from street x to street y, when I select option map
> afterwards it
> prints a line which looks llike the correct route, but when I press "go"
> it says
>  "no roads near target".
> I am able to create and display such routes with the Kleineisel germany
> map in my area,
> but not near Schwabmünchen.

I do not see anything that makes Schwabmünchen any special. I fear that it's
only the peak of an iceberg :-(

> I have no idea what that means, but it seems to be a bug in the garmin
> software, not
> in the img file, and I have no idea how to help here :-(
>
> Gerd

This sounds very bad indeed.
I can only partly agree that the bug has to be fixed in the garmin software,
not the img file.
As the bug not only affects one single garmin device (Remember the same bug
hit's the Nüvi as well as the Oregon), maybe there is some yet unknown
restriction the img file has to obey.