logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter Error

From RheinSkipper rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Mon Mar 11 20:44:37 GMT 2013

Do you see a chance to implement an option to control the order of data in the img file?

In our experiments tweaking the order of data in the osm file did have an influence on draw order. But as you described the influence was more or less random.

For rendering shaded depth areas in a sea map it is absolutely necessary to make sure that the depth area polygons are drawn on top of sea or riverbank polygons and not below them.

As another approach to this problem I was thinking about leaving away the sea polygons at all (so they do not cover my depth shading) and creating Bluechart type maps instead of topo maps. As far as I understand, the difference between Bluechart and topo is that blank unmapped areas are rendered as water on a Bluechart but rendered as land on a topo map. So we need sea and riverbank polygons on topos but on a Bluechart we need land polygons. Unfortunately as mkgmap can only generate sea polygons and no land polygons, this approach is out of reach at the moment.