logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Duplicate IDs

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Mon Jan 7 19:52:47 GMT 2013

Thanks, Gerd.

There seems to be a lack of compatibility between SRTM2OSM files and
other programs. Having converted them to pbf with OSMConvert, the files
would not compile - no errors - just produced essentially empty IMG
files. After a lot of experimentation, it turned out that the problem
was the 19 digit (64 bit) IDs in the files. But since they all start
with the same sequence, I was able to cut this back to 8 digits with
Notepad++ (not a quick process). They then compiled. There must be an
easier way!

I know mkgmap can cope with 11 digit IDs, but it seems it can't handle
19. What is the limit? (During the process I also discovered that
Osmosis seems to take 8 but not 10  -  I haven't tried 9).

Thanks again for the advice.

Roger

On 07/01/2013 18:44, GerdP wrote:
> Roger Calvert wrote
>> A simple question ( I hope!):
>>
>> I have a number of pbf format files containing contour information
>> derived from SRTM2OSM.
>>
>> Since they were downloaded separately, they appear to have duplicate
>> node and way IDs. Will this matter to mkgmap if they are all listed
>> together in template.args, or do they need to be compiled individually?
> I don't think so. Each input file is processed with its own job.
>

> Roger Calvert wrote
>> Also, osmconvert reports 4 IDs in the wrong order in each file (exactly
>> the same in each). Will this cause any problem?
> No, mkgmap doesn't care about the order of ids in the input file.
> Osmconvert only reports the first 4 occurrences of this problem.
>
> Gerd
>

> --

Roger Calvert