logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange routing directions

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Dec 22 14:02:36 GMT 2012

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 08:52:27AM -0500, Francisco Moraes wrote:
>My GPS always tells me to turn right on Park Village Dr when I am
>driving the full extent of it
>(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/18912622). There seems to be
>something near the intersection with Trents Wood  Way where it always
>says turn right into PV Dr, even when coming from PV Dr itself.

The map data looks mostly valid (JOSM Validator does not complain about
unconnected junctions). East of Trent Woods way, the Park Village Drive
is crossing the White Oak Creek (a waterway), but I do not think that
this should affect the routing. There are not oneways either, and no
turn restrictions (well, Davis Drive in the east is split to two
oneways, but it looks normal practice).

Have you tried other routing services in this area?

Best regards,

	Marko