logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r239

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 20 06:59:04 GMT 2012

Henning Scholland wrote
>> Do you mean that splitter should generate the list only if the user
>> gives a name (path) for it?
> Yes and only one list with all problematic objects.

OK, I agree that we need only one list. Should splitter try to add a name
for each object so that we see
something like
way:101580 # Rue Docteur Bordier
rel:47796 # Netherlands

This would blow up the file and increase run time a little bit, but could be
done when splitter runs the MultiTileProcessor. Another possibly interesting
information would be to know why the object is a problem
case. We have two very different cases:
a) a polygon crosses two or more tiles
b) a polygon leaves a tile, and no other tile contains the outer nodes

I think this is also what Chris would like to know when we looks at the "way
x is missing y nodes" messages.

Henning Scholland wrote
>> These planet-xxx files are only meant for debugging. I think we can
>> completely drop the creation.
>> Or do you plan to use it for something else?
> No, only for debugging. Could also be removed completly.

OK, I comment the lines that produce the planet-xxx files.