logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What the "crosby.binary.file.FileFormatException: ... Possibly corrupt file." means in splitter

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Oct 19 11:08:33 BST 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 05:48:18PM +0800, maning sambale wrote:
>> Have you tried with some other program, such as osmosis --rb?
>I like splitter because it automatically splits the data using the
>--max-nodes switch.

I did not mean that you should replace splitter with Osmosis in your
workflow. I meant that you should check if Osmosis can read the file.

For example, I sometimes use Osmosis to fix errors in coastline data:

osmosis --rb finland.osm.pbf --tf reject-relations --tf accept-ways
natural=coastline --used-node --wx coastline.osm
josm coastline.osm

Can you do the same with philippines.osm.pbf? Does the resulting OSM
file make sense? If it does, then it ought to be a bug in splitter or in
the version of the PBF library that it is using.

	Marko