logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug - mkgmap distance to insert additional points on straight lines too long

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Aug 14 20:01:30 BST 2012

well I found the main problem.

As soon as I inserted a single 0x00 type of line, or made 0x14, 0x15 or
0x1a (!!!!!) routable, then the autorouting for the whole map got some
weak spots - amongst them the problem with lines over 800m without any
point not usable for routing anymore, or any routable line connected to
a line with any additional attribute (like unpaved, or motorcar=no) also
being blocked for routing (only within one tile).

I still think however, that it showed that we shouldn't allow lines
without a node for over 800m.
I would love to see if there is any improvement to long distance
autorouting, by making sure that the map doesn't contain any routable
lines fully straight without points. I don't think those are often
present, but ferries would often be longer than 800m without any node.

Also if I knew where I could change the maximum nodes, that a single
routable line contains, there could be affections on routing.