logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Issue when routing across two countries

From Michael Günnewig MichaelGuennewig at gmx.de on Sun Jun 24 13:45:58 BST 2012

On 24.06.2012 11:26, Colin Smale wrote:
> I see this as well. I create separate maps from separate downloads for
> Netherlands, Belgium, Nord-Pas de Calais, UK. Then I merge them into a
> single gmapsupp.img by referencing the tile img files:
>
> java $(LOGOPTS) -Xmx1400m -jar $(MKGMAP_W)
> --read-config="$(CFG_MERGE_W)" $(WORK_BNL_W)\\6*.img
> $(WORK_BEL_W)\\6*.img $(WORK_PDC_W)\\6*.img $(WORK_UK_W)\\6*.img

Merge the source OSM files with for example osmosis, split them then and
process the result with mkgmap.  This will give you a gmapsupp file with
cross-country routing.  Note though that this will only work if the OSM
files are touching or slightly overlapping.  If you want to be sure
extract the data from a larger region like the Europe file from
Geofabrik and cut out the desired regions with osmosis --bp or --bb.

  Regards,
    Michael