logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] Improve boundary splitting

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun May 6 19:56:48 BST 2012

Hi Gerd,

I decided not to include your patch.
The improvement is done only for the precompilation step. So it affects
only a very few people that precompile the boundaries.
The patch itself adds another conversion step from Area to Shape format.
In my point of view this is the breaking point where the source code
will be no longer maintainable.

Before adding some special algorithms to improve performance it is
necessary to overwork the boundary related classes and give them a clean
structure. The current structure is the result of implementing a totally
new function of mkgmap and improving and changing it completely for
performance reasons (with a great result!). Now once it's working there
is the time for some restructuring.

Sorry for that! I hope you understand my reasons.

WanMil