logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] Faster BoundaryGrid

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 3 07:58:20 BST 2012

Hi WanMil,

you are right, the patched code is a bit slower for the normal case.
I see two solutions:
1) We don't allow directories in the zip file. With this restriction we can
simply stop searching if the wanted bnd file is not found instead of
traveling through thousends of entries.
We can alarm the user when we find a directory structure within the zip.
2) We save the list that is created in LocationHook.init() and use it as a
parm for the BoundaryGrid
constructor.

I'd prefer option 1, what do you think?

Gerd