logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] trouble routing across extracts

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Fri Jan 13 22:06:30 GMT 2012

El 13/01/12 22:44, Richard Hansen escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> Using splitter on the US state extracts from Geofabrik, I am unable to
> route across state boundaries.  On my Oregon 450 I get "route
> calculation error" after it sits at 80% for a while.
>
> If I combine the extracts before splitting, then routing works.
>
> Is this a known limitation?  Would it be feasible to teach splitter how
> to combine the extracts internally before splitting?  If not, what would
> it take to get mkgmap's routing to work across split extracts?

You need to cut your desired region from a bigger extract, e.g,
us-south.osm.pbf and then split it with splitter, or cut it directly
with splitter supplying it a pre-made areas.list file. Geofabrik
extracts are cut with osmosis and mkgmap needs information of "what is
there on the other side" of the extract that is missing after the cut.
You can even have some gaps between extracts after merging, so routing
is not guaranteed to work with your procedure.