logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap command-line argument parsing bugs

From Richard Hansen rhansen at bbn.com on Fri Jan 13 19:05:15 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I have stumbled across a couple of mkgmap command-line argument parsing
bugs:

1.  (all?) command-line arguments after '-c template.args' are ignored
2.  '--generate-sea' produces the following error message (I have to use
'--generate-sea=multipolygon' even though multipolygon is supposedly the
default):

     Unknown sea generation option ''
     Known sea generation options are:
       multipolygon        use a multipolygon (default)
       polygons | no-mp    use polygons rather than a multipolygon
       no-sea-sectors      disable use of "sea sectors"
       extend-sea-sectors  extend coastline to reach border
       land-tag=TAG=VAL    tag to use for land polygons (default
natural=land)
       close-gaps=NUM      close gaps in coastline that are less than
this distance (metres)
       floodblocker        enable the floodblocker (for multipolgon only)
       fbgap=NUM           points closer to the coastline are ignored
for flood blocking (default 40)
       fbthres=NUM         min points contained in a polygon to be flood
blocked (default 20)
       fbratio=NUM         min ratio (points/area size) for flood
blocking (default 0.5)

I'll see what I can do to provide patches to fix these, but it'll take
me a while (the argument parsing code does not look trivial).

Thanks,
Richard