logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Help/ideas with address index

From Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com on Thu Jan 12 07:07:32 GMT 2012

2012-01-11 Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> By the way, I do not see any --code-page=1252 or --latin1 option. Is
> that the default?

  Not sure about 1252, but latin1 is apparently the default, because I
used to use that option to convert non ascii characters to latin ones
(so that gmapsupp could be used on old devices). And for some time
I've removed that option and mkgmap still converts non ascii
characters... (or nobody bothered to complain:)

> Lucky you, living in a small country. Finland was some 30MB three years
> ago. It is 100MB now.

  We're slowly getting there! Very slowly... :-)

--
Tomas Straupis