logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Partially not findable street

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Sep 26 11:33:18 BST 2011

Hi Martin

> unfortunately I have deleted all the files, but I have created them again with the geofabrik-datas from today.
> Search for the Engelbertusstraße works:
> http://snailrun.de/59.zip
> Didn't work:
> http://snailrun.de/56789.zip

Thanks very much. I believe I found the problem (or at least a problem).
Could you try out the attached patch please?

In the mdr20 section the streets were being sorted not just by city
name, but also by map number. So it was looking like this:

APPLE STREET
ZOO ROAD
BEE ROAD
ZEBRA ROAD

with Apple and Bee in the same city but different maps, instead of like
this:

APPLE STREET
BEE ROAD
ZEBRA ROAD
ZOO ROAD

I previously suggested that the city being in three tiles rather than
two might have been a problem, but I believe that was not particularly
relevant.
I think that some streets will be un-findable whenever a city falls
across more than one tile.

> How can I read the the different mdr-tables?

In the display project (code at http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/display/trunk)
there are a number of utilities that display various aspects of
the file.

test.display.MdrDisplay
	displays the structure of an MDR file
	This is reliable since it prints out exactly what is in the file,
	but the interpretation of mdr files that are contained within
	gmapsup.img files may be incomplete or incorrect.

	Pass the name of the file that is or contains an MDR file.
	Followed by numbers if you want to limit the sections that are
	printed.

test.display.MdrCheck
	reads an MDR file and the associated .img files that it was
	created from.  It cross checks the data between the index and the
	img files and prints in a form that shows the meaning rather than
	the literal layout of the file.
	It can be mis-leading since I just add to it when needed and some
	changes I have made to mkgmap are not reflected in this code.
	So some of the errors it prints are not errors.

	Pass the name of a file (an MDR file, xxx_mdr.img or gmapsupp.img)
	Followed by options: --print 5,7 to just print sections 5 and 7
	     --errors to just print the errors.

..Steve