logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mysterious capitalisation (or not) of labels

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sun Jul 3 13:20:18 BST 2011

Charlie Ferrero schrieb am 03.07.2011 08:55:
> In Mapsource (6.16.3) these labels render differently (see attached).
> Building 1 renders as Khalidiya Palace Tower a
> Building 2 label renders as Khalidiya Palace Tower C
>

> Is this a bug in mkgmap or a bug in Mapsource?

I think, this is a Garmin problem. A single letter A is always displayed in
lower case. I guess, this is due to the indefinite article of the english language.

In my maps I have this problem with the german motorways, which have a name like
"A 1", "A 2" and so on, but in my maps they are always displayed as "a 1" and "a
2" and so on.

Gruss
Torsten