logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multiple maps listed as one on Garmin GPSmap62

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Jun 29 08:33:39 BST 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 09:16:21AM +0200, "Markus Dörschmidt" wrote:
>I downloaded your osm2img.sh script. I think, I see my mistake now
>(correct me, if I'm wrong):
>
>1. When I start mkgmap without "--gmapsupp" I get an IMG file, that is
>a single layer in a map.
>2. To get a complete map, I have to combine all these layer-IMGs to a
>map. I do this, when I start mkgmap with "--gmapsupp".

Correct. But, I have understood that some devices (such as the Edge 800)
can display individual IMG files as well.

I do not have first-hand experience of any other devices than the Edge
705. I have held a GPSMap 60CSx in my hand before I got my Edge and got
involved with OpenStreetMap.

Best regards,

	Marko