logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter pbf output

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Jun 6 19:36:33 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 08:30:43PM +0200, Martin wrote:
>I know we are talking about mkgmap, but with mkgmap I also get a bad
>file format error with a pbf-file...

For what it is worth, Steve created
http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/splitter/branches/pbf-write for the patch that
Francisco Moraes posted and I found some problems with. I did not try
out Steve's patch on top of that yet.

The splitter --pbf did sort of work for me, but mkgmap complained about
missing nodes being referenced by ways (it does not complain about that
for XML input), and mkgmap also complained about unclosed polygons that
appeared to be closed when going through the XML route.

I will try to see what I can do. At least I can silence the warning
about missing nodes, or demote it to the INFO level.

	Marko