logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter PBF support patch

From Francisco Moraes francisco.moraes at gmail.com on Fri May 20 15:45:44 BST 2011

On 5/20/2011 3:59 AM, mkgmap-dev-request at lists.mkgmap.org.uk wrote:
> I am checking that now, but with today's dump instead of yesterday's.
> The splitting time is 199s for osm.gz vs 102s for osm.pbf.
>
> The XML path seems to be unaffected by your patch. My filter only
> passed two errors, which I will soon correct (so that they should not
> be in tomorrow's finland.osm.pbf).
I compared the splitter output from both the XML and PBF with your
script. I took one of the missing node messages (node 1217412566
referenced from way 105721933 and compared the XML and PBF splitter
outputs. As far as I can tell, the node is not present on the tile
63240006 in either the XML or PBF output. It is present on tile 63240007
though and that matches the areas.list you are using. Is this a case of
the PBF parser in mkgmap being more chatty than the XML parser?

I also noticed that the splitter outputs XML at version 0.5. That
probably should be fixed. Finally, I don't know if this is an issue, but
my PBF patch doesn't output any metadata as I didn't see that in the
data structure used in the splitter.

Let me know if I am off base, but that's seems to be what I found so
far. I won't be able to look at it again until next week now.

Francisco